Joining the project.

Topics: Project Management Forum
Oct 31, 2006 at 3:14 PM
I would like to join the project as a developer. I had planned on creating something similar myself (for use with my OmniFi DMS1).

About me:
20+ Years as a developer. C++ MVP for 10 years. Worked in C# for the passed 3 years.
Detailed resume available at http:/www.noveltheory.com/resume

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2006 at 8:46 PM
Hi There,

Glad to have you on board. Just added you to the project.

Word of warning, I started writing this just after my daughter was born (needed to do something after the 4am feed) so some of the code is a little nuts.

I'm still going through and documenting the code so it is fit for consumption - should have most of it done end-of-play tomorrow.

Look forward to working with you.

Regards,

Gethin Stevens
Developer
Nov 2, 2006 at 5:53 PM
Hi,

i'll like to join the project too.

wanted to make pretty the same stuff. thought about 3 things in mine:
.) organizing my music library (so making also an interface for changing tags, making an common mistakes db,...)
.) tagging music & make relation between music (i.e. remixes,...)
.) making an shared server system (so relay the music on different servers)

and all that for pretty huge music databases

what i allready have done are some implementations for searching the library.
added 55 gigs of songs, and when searching it, it takes me less than a second while 5 seconds for winamp.

for my development experience:
24yrs old
working with c# after the first day it comes out.
currently i'm architect on a pretty big web company. working purely in c#.
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2006 at 9:24 AM
Hi,

Good ideas. The library functionality as it stands is pretty basic so enhancing that would be great. I like the idea of making relations between music as well.

Welcome to the club.
Nov 6, 2006 at 2:12 PM
BTW, here in the USA we're in the midst of an election, so much of my spare time has been working on that (The tide is turning!), so after Tuesday, I'll have more time to devote to this project....