Alpha version...

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Dec 1, 2006 at 11:46 AM
Just got the PC Client stable (ish) and playing music. The problem has been the component I use to actually do the music playing, a third party dll called BASS.

I had to re-adapt the code to use the new wrapper for this - had to make a number of changes to make the code work with the .Net 2.0 version of the code.

Will check this in tonight.
Developer
Dec 1, 2006 at 12:57 PM
cool cool....
i'll try it out right afterwards...
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2006 at 6:01 PM
Uploading now
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2006 at 6:15 PM
Done.

In PCClient move the bass.dll and bass.net.dll to the debug folder. Let me know how this goes
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2006 at 6:16 PM
for more documentation on the third party class being used go to un4seen.com and have a look at the bass .net 2.0 api.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2006 at 9:30 AM
Have moved house so have lost my adsl line (and will not have it for the next 2 weeks :-( ) so have been working off-line.

Changes to be checked in once I get connectivity back:

Changed streaming for PC-Client to allow it to stream binary files. This is in preparation to introducing Internet Radio functionality

Stabilised the server and PC Client. There are several bug-fixes associated with these apps. Both are now usable

Changed setup of PC Client and Server to use localsystem account so setup is a "no-brainer" - just run the packages and they work.

Fixed numerous bugs in the PDA handheld app and have sorted out the threading so app is much more stable. Have one bug left here to fix.

Hoping to release an alpha version of the software in January